Sunday, November 8, 2009

#2. Sunset.

As I was driving home today, I saw that the sun was beginning to set.


It made me frown a bit as I thought of how quickly this weekend flew by. But as I turned my eyes to the dim glow of the orange sun, my frown quickly broke into a small smile.


I thought no matter how bad one's day might be, how could you look at a sunset, and not have your world just freeze for a quiet peaceful second? How could that not cause you to breathe a little deeper and appreciate the next breath you're taking?


So at once, I realized, how quickly we take nature for granted, on top of all the others things...


The sun was setting one milimeter at a time, and I was sad to see it go. But as I stared at it (while absentmindedly ignoring the road - driving hazard), my world slowed down for just a small slice of time... and in that moment, I was happy.


I believe in life, we cannot live in a state of happiness. We live our lives in hopes of bumping into as many moments of happiness as possible. So when our lives come to an end, we look back on the string of moments that we are able to piece together as the slideshow of our lives.


In my show, I want as many flashes of sunsets as possible.

So slow down for a minute. Stop your busy life for a moment, to appreciate LIFE. Not for what it has or hasn't dealt you, but just for being blessed enough to be a part of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment